Thursday, March 21, 2013

Squeaky Clean.

In my house, we do our best to eat clean.  I started a new job a few months ago that requires 10 hour days on the reg and my sweetie is a Senior Accountant smack dab in the middle of tax season....needless to say we don't have endless amounts of hours to spend preparing dinner each night.
However, we try and not make excuses and do our best to eat as clean as possible.  The website, Gracious Pantry, has helped me a ton.  Eating clean can get a little tricky, and with contradicting information available for grabs people can easily get confused. But, the best information I have found along my journey that I try and use as a general rule of thumb is that if it's processed, I try and avoid it.  Of course there are things like crackers that are going to be processed but we just do our best to look at the box before we buy: we look for multi grain, fiber, and a short ingredient list when making decisions in the aisles.  The trick to eating clean is not to get too hung up on the small things and just DO YOUR BEST! Also keeping healthy snacks on hand to avoid binging is a good tip...check out the website below for great tips and tricks. The first link I posted will help you with some basics, the second is a how-to on cleaning out your pantry to prepare for clean eating.  ENJOY!

The Gracious Pantry: Getting Started

The Gracious Pantry: How to Stock a Clean Pantry

1 comment:

  1. Great links. I look forward to more clean eating recipes! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete